Daily Prompt asks today:
I’m going to bring some controversy to the table because if you’ve followed me since the beginning, you’ll know that’s what I am good at.
The single law I would enact is making sure abortion in the United States could never be made illegal, and I also would make it where the girls or women weren’t forced to have ultrasounds before they went through with it. Now I am not talking late-term abortions as I don’t believe in those unless a life is in danger. I also don’t believe in using abortion as a form of birth control so there would be some ramifications made to prohibit that best as possible.
It would simply prevent us from going backwards to backstreet abortions.
*Title is a movie quote from Judge Dredd. If you didn’t know.
- Ultrasound bill tentatively OK’d by Senate (host.madison.com)
- ‘Pill abortions’ to resume at Wisconsin clinics (host.madison.com)
- The Assault on Reproductive Rights Part 1: All-Out Attacks (blogs.lawyers.com)
- New Study Confirms Obamacare’s Birth Control Mandate Will Reduce Abortion Rate | ThinkProgress (plantsmantx.newsvine.com)
- Bill would require an ultrasound before an abortion (jsonline.com)