I’m crippling myself. I could blame my Bipolar Disorder or my psychotic break I had a couple of months ago, but the more I stay in my room and rarely leave the house the more I am chipping away at whatever self-confidence I hold. My insecurities are piling themselves on by the minute and I am twiddling my thumbs looking out my window and wondering why the hell I am here.
It wasn’t always like this. I mean I have gone through periods of social anxiety in my past, but I have always had people in my life. I have my family, but I rarely have anything to say. My writer’s block is also my conversational block. I don’t partake in the news, current events, celebrities or television so really I am quite boring and that makes me a lot more quiet than I used to be.
I’ve had it. I am going to start exercising (at home), quit smoking (cigarettes — I always hated taking cigarette breaks at work), and get a job. I am done feeling like a recluse.
- Anxiety and Bipolar Disorder (everydayhealth.com)
- Nicole: Life with Manic Depressive Bipolar Disorder & Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (syannecenteno.wordpress.com)
- What is the Best Way to Deal with Social Anxiety Disorder? (maniacfire.wordpress.com)
- Stephen Fry: Suicide risk in bipolar (bbc.co.uk)
- Social Anxiety in the Live Music Capital of the World is No Bueno (latinawriting.wordpress.com)